Learning Resources Pretend & Play Teaching Cash Register [Standard Packaging]

  • Talking, interactive cash register with four built-in learning activities
  • Features a built-in scanner, scale, lights, sounds, voice messages, and coin slot
  • 73-piece set helps children practice early math and money skills through pretend play
  • Includes actual-size play money (coins and bills), credit cards, and coupon card
  • Great for ages 5+

I did a lot of research on toy cash registers before choosing this one for my daughter. The money is very realistic, especially the cash - it looks real from a distance. It's also just the right size. I love that this register has games that teaches about money. My daughter likes the scanning feature and enjoys playing grocery store with it with toy food and a basket. I know this will get a lot of use, and it is making it so much easier to teach her about money in a fun way.

This has been such a fun toy. We haven't had any problems with it so far, other than the cash drawer comes out with such force that the fake money goes flying all over when you open it, but you get in the habit quickly of just putting your hand in front of it as it opens to slowly let it open and then it's not really a problem anymore. It's fun for kids aged 2 all the way up to 7 or 8 because they do different things with it. It can just be an imagination-instigating toy for young children, and for kids even as young as age 4 there are fun addition games. I watched a 4 year-old actually sit and learn a number of addition problems just because it was "fun" on this toy. The scanning noise makes it feel "legitimate" too, kids love that.

A little difficult for my 4 year old last year but he still loved playing " Giuseppe's pizza with us, taking orders and helping Giuseppe ( grandmama) make the pizza ( several Melissand Doug Felt Mix and Match Pizza sets). I expect as he gets older he will become more adept and savvy with the register. I like that when the customers come ( pop) he has to ask how much change...so learning disguised as lots of fun. Not a toy kids would play with by themselves.

After noticing my son had an obsession with money and coins i researched and found this toy. My son loves it. Absolutely great product. Everything works just like it should. The currency it comes with will make any chi9ld happy to play with. My son loved being able to put money and coins in and out of the slots. It also makes sounds with the different things that you do so it helps them learn what each transaction is my sound. Definitely recommend getting this for your child, especially if they love money like mine does. I realize how important a good review is to a buyer. I give honest and heart felt reviews on products that a purchase and receive. I base most of my purchases on reviews so I understand that it is fair to be completely honest on reviews. That being said I hope this review will help a buyer with his or her decision to buy or not buy this product.

My 3yo son has been on a "grocery store" imaginary place kick lately, and we had everything to act it out: food, shopping cart, and even his play kitchen. We figured he should probably have an actual cash register instead of the kitchen tool he was using as a "price scanner." This. Register. Is. AWESOME. It has both an imaginary play mode to do all the basic functions you would expect. There are also learning games, too: Counting, identifying coins, and some others. Both the included credit card and discount coupon cards are pretty cool, too. All of the sounds are very realistic - all that's missing is a "Please place your items in the bagging area" line. We often joke that this register must be from Whole Foods, since it randomizes prices - and they always seem to be ridiculously high! Definitely worth the price: high quality with lots of playtime and learning options.

This cash register is definitely not like the one I had in the 90's. My kids are obsessed and not only is it really fun and engaging but they are learning! I count all the coins before putting it up because we have a two year old that wouldn't hesitate popping them in his mouth. Also, the register won't open unless the yellow coin slot is snapped all the way down.

I can not say enough good things about this register. I did LOTS of research to find one that didn't have bad reviews. This one is worth every penny. I got it for my 3 year old to play with and I had no ideal how many features it had and how she can play with this toy for a VERY long time. There are even games programed into the register for when she starts to learn about money. It will as for a quarter and she will have to put a quarter in the coin slot and the machine will say if it was right or try again, this machine is one smart and neat thing. It has 3 volume settings which is nice. It has a working beeping scanner on the belt to ring things up, it has a coin slot that actually tells you what type of coin you just put in, it has a credit card/coupon reader which actually takes money off of the total if you use the coupon card. The scale is also cool and even has a zeroer in the back to zero out the scale like a real scale. (Note on the sale you have to put the top piece on yourself and you have to hold the stick tight and up and push down hard on the top piece to you hear a LOUD click that it is in right. We did not know this so we put super glue on the top piece and went to put it on and i was struggling so my husband held the stick up and tight so i could push down without the stick going down and than we hear a loud click and it made sense why it wouldn't stay on before we didn't have it down right LOL oh well the piece won't be going anywhere now haha)... I think this is one of my favorite purchases by far! My husband couldn't believe how nice it was when it came out of the box he was goes "WOW this is a real register and nice" cause looking at the picture it looks cheap and just plain but its no where near just plain or cheap

I bought this Learning Resources cash register for my three year old granddaughter for Christmas. Let me say up front that I am a Learning Resources fan. I discovered them nearly two years ago, have purchased several products through Amazon, and I have never been disappointed. I don't know what they use to make their toys but I'm convinced they would survive a catastrophic disaster, unscathed. OK, so with that disclaimer...on to my granddaughter's and my assessment of this register. Some of my granddaughter's favorite features: 1. She puts coins into the coin slot and the cash register tells her the worth of each piece. 2. The credit card beeps when she slides the card in its slot. 3. She can 'scan' anything...her hairbrush, her box of raisins, whatever...and the cash register assigns a price to it. She has no idea the assignment is random. 4. She can open and close the drawer, collect and store payment from her customers, and give change. 5. The buttons actually do something. They aren't like her 'baby toys' where buttons don't change anything. 6. The scale registers a weight of sorts as she puts items on it. Some features her grandmother found appealing: 1. This thing appears to be indestructable...did I mention that already? I'm serious...if I had a day care, I would consider this an essential component. It's that durable. 2. The money, both coins and bills, is the right size and looks pretty realistic. 3. The register can grow with her. Right now, my granddaughter is enthralled with the actions associated with operating a cash register...pushing buttons and making something happen, scanning anything in sight, handling money, etc. Later on, she will be able to learn math principles. The calculator in the register really works. It tells her what each coin is worth. It will help her learn to count coins and to calculate change. A couple of points...this toy is definitely for children old enough to not consume little pieces of things. We put all the money out of reach whenever my 20 month old grandson was anywhere in the victinity. Also, the register has no microphone to use to request a price check. One of my friends considers that a critical component for any toy register, so for her this one is not an option.

Christmas gift for my 4 year old Grandson, he was thrilled it came with all the play money and a credit card. I would definitely say this was a very well made cash register. Now when the kids put on a show, they will definitely charge me to see it. Great learning tool for a child.

My 3 year old daughter got this for Christmas and loves it. She uses it quite a bit already. I also like that because of all of the features (math games, calculator function, and working register) she will be able to use it for years to come. Last week; however, she got the dreaded CB OPEN error message. I tried everything...reset, changing batteries...nothing worked. I thought it was broken. Then it finally occurred to me that CB OPEN may mean Coin Bank (I for some reason thought it was saying the register was open) I pushed down on the yellow slot and heard a click. Right away the register started working. So simple! I hope that this helps some others that have the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Aries Horoscope September 25 (25/09)

Daily Gemini Horoscope July 29 (29/07)